Presented by Godwin N. Amarh Ghana National Association of Small Scale Miners (GNASSM)
- History of ASGM in Ghana
- Brief about GNASSM
- ASGM operations Ghana
- Experiences and Challenges ASGM in GhanaBefore the Ban and After the Ban
- Conclusion and Way forward
Brief background of Ghana National Association of Small Scale miners(GNASSM)
To promote effective, efficient and responsible Artisanal Scale Mining for sustainable development
- Building centres for research and development and vocational training , that creates local capacity and innovate local technological, financial, and social solutions for ASM.
- Providing policy advise and recommendations to government and organisations locally and internationally
- Elimination of child labour in ASM
- To promote the regularization and licensing for Small Scale mining
- To reduce the use of mercury in recovering gold and hence reducing mercury pollution to the environment
- Promote the empowerment of women in ASM.