1. Context and Contestations
- Power and Configurations in Africa
- Challenges and Opportunities
- The Role of Africa Trade Network and Civil Society
Context and Contestation
- Role of the Continental Free Trade Areas in an arena of contestations and power struggles.
- That’s Discussion and Presentation
- The Outcomes and Impact of the WTO MC10
- The EPAs and its impact on Regional Integration
- The Mega Regionals and how it may impact on Africa economic development
- Our Experience of Regional Integration at SADC, Ecowas, Cemac and other levels.
- The Role of the European Union, USA and China
- EU negotiations of DCFTA with Marocco, Tunisia and Egypt (Marc).
- The Role of Brics and the New Development Bank (NDB).
- Multipolar world
- The Role of SA in SADC, Nigeria in Ecowas and Kenya in East Africa and how it plays itself out within AU and Africa
- Power imbalances – Major economies versus small fragile states and Lesotho in SA, Togo in West Africa.
- Lack of power of RECs and how it would impact on CFTA.
- Through CFTA, AMV, CAADP and Vision 2063 Africa want to carve out its in own developmen
Abuja Treaty, Lagos Plan of Action Business as Usual, Africa is Rising for whom.
- The state of civil society
- Africa role as an exporter of raw material and a provider of mineral resources.
- AU Summits and Regional Summits
- Unctad 14, High Level Summit on Dev Effect
- Engage with UNECA and other platforms – Constructive Engagement. Watchdog role.
- Advocacy role rather than mobiliser of broad movement of people.
- Strategic Linkages with Alternative Mining Indabas, Tax Justice Network Africa and its members, Climate Justice Movement, Gender and Youth formations, Regional organisations.
- Greatest impact least amount of resources.