TWN-Africa maintains a limited internship program open to all interested peoples but particularly targetted at young intellectuals and activists who are nationals of developing countries, especially African. The program has two main objectives;
To be eligible:
- to offer opportunities for interns to deepen their appreciation of the development challenges facing developing countries, especially Africa within the context of global economic policy making.
- to support the delivery of TWN-Africa’s program especially in the areas of research and information-gathering
- student candidates must have completed the first 2 years of study in a tertiary institution
- Non- student candidates must show relevance of internship for their current or future work or study, prior involvement and proven interest in TWN-Africa’s issues and agenda
- Prospective interns must be able to work in the English Language
- Prospective interns must be computer literate
Applying for internship
- The internship program is offered between April and October each year and may last between 4 and 12 weeks.
- Student interns from developing countries may receive a monthly allowance and enjoy limited medical support
- Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. All placements are located in Accra, Ghana
- Applications can be submitted anytime by email to
, by post to P.O. Box 19452, Accra – Ghana or delivered to the TWN-Africa offices at 9 Ollenu Street, East Legon, Accra- Ghana. Candidates who wish to intern in a particular year are encouraged to submit their applications by end of February in the year in which they intend to undertake their internship.
- Decisions on applications for each particular year will generally be finalized in the first quarter of the year and successful candidates notified by the end of March. Information about TWN-Africa can be found on the website