|Zimbabwe's indigenisation Act and its implication on the mining industry|
|Publications - African Agenda|
|Written by Philano Moyo|
|Tuesday, 21 October 2008 15:02|
Zimbabwe is one of Africa’s mining hotspots. The country’s minerals especially platinum are highly coveted by both Western and Chinese miners.
The Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Act came into law in Zimbabwe in March 2008. The Act, essentially seeks to create an enabling environment to improve the indigenous population’s participation in economic activities of the country.
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba
- ECOWAS EPA MEETING, TIME FOR GHANA TO SHOW LEADERSHIP