|UPCOMING: One-day workshop on the EPAs|
|Friday, 27 April 2012 17:06|
he Economic Justice Network(EJN) of Ghana will host a one-day workshop on the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) on 4 May, 2012 for around 25 EJN members and the media at Coconut Grove Regency Hotel.
The EPA is a trade pact that is being negotiated between ECOWAS and the European Union (EU). The objective of the workshop is two-fold: first, to update participants on the current debate on the EPA negotiations that will have serious implications on Ghana’s industrial development and the entire life of the Ghanaian economy. Secondly, it will seek to explain the dynamics for the African continent with regards to trade and development, and what Ghana and other African countries should be looking for.
The EJN is a coalition of Ghanaian civil society organisations fighting for economic justice. TWN-Africa is the interim secretariat.
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba
- ECOWAS EPA MEETING, TIME FOR GHANA TO SHOW LEADERSHIP