Third World Network-Africa is a research and advocacy organisation based in Accra,Ghana that was established in 1994 under Ghanaian law as a non-profit company limited by guarantee.
It is the autonomous Africa section of Third World Network (TWN), an independent non-profit coalition of organisations and individuals engaged in advocacy on issues related to development, environment and North-South affairs.
TWN seeks a greater articulation of the needs and rights of marginalised social groups, a fair distribution of the world's resources and forms of development which are ecologically sustainable and fulfill human needs.
TWN-Africa's work is conducted through:
(a) Research and generation of knowledge on policy issues and formulation of policy alternatives;
(c) Public mobilisation and engagement of ordinary citizens with public institutions and private companies around issues of policy and alternatives;
(d) Training and capacity-building;
(e) Networking and collaboration with civil society organisations and social actors;
(f) Lobby of and interaction with government officials and policy-makers and policy institutions and private companies .
Third World Network-Africa is now on Facebook!
If the link above fails to work, simply copy the following URL and paste it in your desired browser:
- FORTY WEST AFRICANS ATTEND WORKSHOP ON MINING
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba