|Political leaders disappointed in climate finance and slow progress|
|Written by Hilary Chiew|
|Friday, 24 December 2010 01:17|
President Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia lamented that the promise of Copenhagen has been lost and called for the US$30 billion fast-start finance to be made available immediately, *Hilary Chiew.
Revealing personally for the first time the delivery status of the US$30 billion fast-start finance, Zenawi said the general opinion in Africa is that the money has yet to be delivered and that reports of money delivered has little evidence on the ground. Speaking at the High-Level Segment of the 16th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Zenawi said the fast-start finance has to be delivered if we want to deliver trust and there has to be transparency in the delivery to address this concern.
- FORTY WEST AFRICANS ATTEND WORKSHOP ON MINING
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba