|Settlement policy wrong, say European Jews|
|Written by Julio Godoy|
|Thursday, 24 June 2010 15:16|
Prominent Jewish intellectuals living in Europe have begun denouncing the Israeli policy of allowing settlements to come up on Palestinian territories as "morally and politically wrong." writes * Julio Godoy.
In a collective declaration, presented in the Belgian capital Brussels on May 3, hundreds of prominent European Jews said that the main danger to the state of srael "lies in the occupation and the continuing pursuit of settlements in the West Bank and in the Arab districts of East Jerusalem."
The intellectuals, including some who had expressed staunch loyalty to Israeli authorities in the past, warn that Israel currently faces an "unacceptable e-legitimisation process." Among the 500-odd initial signatories of the declaration are the former Israeli ambassador in Berlin, Avi Primor, and French intellectuals Alain Finkielkraut and Bernard Henri Levy - so far known as uncompromising critics of the Palestinian Authority PA) and tenacious defenders of Israeli policies.
To continue reading, kindly email ekbensah AT twnafrica.org
|Last Updated ( Thursday, 24 June 2010 15:27 )|
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba
- ECOWAS EPA MEETING, TIME FOR GHANA TO SHOW LEADERSHIP