|Written by Kwao Tordzro|
|Tuesday, 03 November 2009 15:46|
By Kwao Tordzro
My grandmother was considered by many to be a self-opinionated old bore who held strong views about everything especially those about which she knew nothing. As a result she had few, if any friends, for the equally loquacious members of her set tended to have little patience for anyone who wanted to monopolize a conversation.
Added to this was the fact that she looked quite frightening. She was as wrinkled as an accordion. Her aquiline face, with her mouth like the beak of a bird, was serrated into several grooves. Altogether, she was not a child's favourite grandmother.
- FORTY WEST AFRICANS ATTEND WORKSHOP ON MINING
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba