|AFRICA NEEDS DEEPER REGIONAL INTEGRATION...|
|Publications - African Agenda|
|Written by Kanaga Raja, SUNS, Geneva|
|Thursday, 20 August 2009 16:55|
In its "Economic Development in Africa" report for 2009, UNCTAD says that regional integration is essential for sustained development on the continent, especially within the context of the current crisis.
The report notes that Africa currently has the world's lowest shares of regional trade and investment - 9% of recorded flows of total external trade and 13% of recorded flows of total inward foreign direct investment.
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba
- ECOWAS EPA MEETING, TIME FOR GHANA TO SHOW LEADERSHIP